UAE is one of the countries in the world which allows foreign nationals to work in the government sectors. Both, the state and federal governments recruit foreign talents to provide public services throughout the bureaucratic offices. The government jobs in UAE are still available for foreigners because the UAE nationals still not interested in working full time.
Another reason behind the foreigners get a chance to work in the very important bodies of the government is the number of emirates who have a relevant degree is less than the UAE government needs the number of people to provide the smooth and effective government services to the public.
As the government has implemented a digital governance initiative, the sophisticated technologies are used to operate government services on daily basis, but only a few UAE nationals have such expertise that they can handle the program in real-time.
If you visit any government office you will find the foreign national working in the various rank from the junior to senior. Although the UAE government gives priority for the local to the public services the foreigners will continuously play important roles for many years.
Are you looking for government jobs in the UAE?
If the answer is yes, you are correct because I want to reveal different methods here in this post that help you to pursue government jobs in Dubai. I think it is important for you to know the advantage of working with the UAE government before you make a decision for looking for jobs in public services.
Advantages of work in government sectors.
- Good Salary: Although foreign nationals working in the government sector gets less salary than the UAE counterpart they get more salary than the private sector employees.
- Salary in time: You should not worry about the payment delay or postpone for another month because of company business is running out. Every end of the month you would get your hard earn money in your bank account.
- Job security: You would not get the fire on behalf of your performance in the government sectors while layoff always occurs in the private sectors.
- Bonuses: Depending on the nature of your work you will get decent bonuses and allowances such as housing, transportation, vacations, and children’s education, etc.
- increase of the salary: The federal or state government always care about people who work for them. Often every or in a couple of years the government increases the pay to the public worker so, you should not ask or lobby to your boss for a pay rise.
- Retirement or end service benefits: The government employees always enjoy good post-retirement, PF, gratuity and other end services bonuses.
- Medical benefits: Although the private’s sector employees also get medical insurance all the treatments do not cover while government employees have the advantage of covering all kinds of illnesses for them and their families.
- Fixed working hours: You may work only for 8 hours a day and 48hrs a week in the government sector but the private sector you should perform over time though you are not willing to do so.
Holidays: As a government employee You will get the day off in the holidays but the private sector you have to work in.
- Vacations: As a foreign worker you need to go to the home country to visit your family and relative after working a year in the UAE. Every year you will get a vacation in time but in the private sector, you will get a chance every for 2yrs even the most disgusting part is waiting for your tern.
Which government departments you can work with?
The UAE government has various entities under the different ministry, therefor here is the list of the federal and states government entities which always offer the opportunities for the suitable candidates.
How to look for government sector jobs in UAE?
I hope you know the governmental entities where you can carry on your future career from the above list. Now let me tell you how to look for a job in the United Arab Emirates.
Most of the government services in the UAE are online because the government has promoted digital governance initiative the result for that it gives more and more information through the internet.
If the government of the UAE requires some employees that they publish online, you should always check the available positions in some areas. Search for jobs of UAE Government through these official portals.
Conclusion: Whether you are ex-pats or UAE national you can search and apply for the government jobs in UAE. If you are in your country but not in the UAE don’t apply for the government job unless you are highly qualified for the position because most of the positions are targeted to the UAE residence. Always apply for a job on the official website rather than third parties.