Dubai is not just a place where people from another country come to work. It’s the city where the richest people in the world have property, and come here to enjoy with their family while on vacation or just they want to relax. On the other hand, most of the wealthy Emirati live in this city. Therefore, it’s not difficult to find a Driver Job For Family in Dubai, because a person who has good financial status loves to employe drivers to drive their vehicles.
A family driver is a domestic worker who is responsible for transporting the member of the family and works on non-traditional hours such as evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Safely drive the family member back and forth to work, and to occasions.
- Safely drive the employer’s relatives, visitors, business partners if requires.
- Keep clean and tidy inside and outside parts of the car
- Routinely inspects the car to ensure the car is under good condition.
- Find out the electrical and mechanical problems of the car and perform minor repairs if necessary.
- Check the climate and traffic reports and decide the best route to take.
- Keep a travel log to record locations traveled to, travel time, and work hours
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies Required:-
- Valid driving license required
- permit to transport passengers.
- Previous driving experience requires
- Know road regulation.
- Clear criminal record.
- Neatly presented and professional.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to work during evenings and on weekends, as required.
Education – Driver Job For Family In Dubai
- Minimum qualification should be 12th pass
Experience & Requirements:-
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a related field
- UAE Driving license is mandatory
How to find family driving jobs in Dubai?
If you meet the above criteria, you can apply for this position online, because employers publish vacancies on a number of online portals. But, make sure that the online job site is lawfully licensed in the UAE to prevent you from falling into the hands of the scammer.
Be a friend with the other family driver, the driver can recommend you to the relatives of his employer, because, they may looking for the family driver too.
If you are in the home country Your friend of a family member in Dubai can send you a visa after collaborating with the employer.
Family driver vacancy in Dubai is filled with a simple interview, the employer can only ask a few questions about your past job and the things that are relevant to the nature of your work. In the interview, you should be able to talk in English or Arabic. Another important is to impress the employer that you are loyal and honest.
Your rights and privileges
The family drivers in Dubai are protected by domestic worker regulations in the UAE. These following privileges have been granted to you.
- 1 day of paid rest per week
- 12 hours of rest per day, including 8 hours consecutive rest
- 30 days paid vacation per year
- medical insurance provided by the employer
- 30 days of medical leave per year
- a round trip ticket home every 2 years
- decent accommodation
- decent meals at the employer’s expense
Where to complain if the employer breaches the contract?
Ministry of human resource and Emiratisation (MOHRE) is the government department which listens to both employer and employee complaint. If you believe your employer does not comply with the contract then you can refer to the MOHRE. The dispute will resolve within 2 weeks, it does not then will refer to the court.
The Employee’s complaint to the court shall be excluded from the charge at all stages of the proceedings. The hearing will take place quickly and promptly.
Hiring the family driver in the UAE, depending on the preference of the employers. As I know the employer loves to hire the same nationality if he is Indian will hire the Indian but Emirati can hire any nationality, since, not any UAE national will work as a driver.
Family driver salary?
The family driver literally earns an average salary from 2000 to 4000 UAE Dirham per month. They can get tips from the employers’ relatives or guests when they drive for them. Some good owner also provides them cash bonuses every month.
Conclusion: There are a lot of opportunities for family driver jobs in Dubai, since, many richest people love to have a driver. If you are interested to apply for a family driver job in Dubai, you must have a valid driving license and more than 3 years of experience in driving the vehicles.