The government has announced the Dubai remote work visa for people who live and work outside the UAE. This is a one-year work visa qualified candidate around the world can apply on the ICA website
What is the Remote Work Visa?
- It is a one-year visa granted by the UAE government to foreign nationals who work virtually with international enterprises based outside of the UAE.
- The remote work visa in Dubai was introduced to facilitate the employment and travel of foreign skilled workers.
- The visa permit helps qualified skilled workers to do their business and work in the Emirate.
- A remote work visa is exempt from the standard sponsorship requirement; you can come with self-sponsorship and work according to the terms and conditions issued.
How to apply for a visa?
The process to apply for the UAE remote work visa is simple and does not involve many formalities.
The visa can obtain within five working days. On the other hand, depending on your employment level or the condition that requires verification, it may take longer.
You can submit your application for a visa on the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA) website. When your application has been approved, you can bring your family to the UAE.
Who can apply for a remote Work Visa?
Any foreign national can apply for a remote work visa when they meet certain criteria; minimum income, education, or employment.
If you are an employee, you must prove your current monthly salary of at least USD 5000. If you are self-employed, you must prove a monthly income of USD$ 5000.
What are the requirements?
Although the UAE government has not specified the requirements for obtaining a remote work visa, you should have a passport valid for at least six months and might not have had a criminal record in the past.
You should prepare all the required documents before applying for a remote work visa in UAE. Here are essential documents;
- For employee;
- The employment contract with the current employer is valid for one year.
- Salary slip for the previous month, as well as a bank statement for the past three months
- The minimum salary should be at least $ 5000
- For Business Owner;
- Documents proving business ownership
- Monthly earnings exceeding $ 5000 on an average
- For the last three months, bank statements in the company’s name.
What is the cost of a remote work visa Dubai application fee?
It is a non-refundable fee of $287 which has to be paid when filing the visa application. In addition, you must pay the UAE-valid health insurance premium and the processing fee.
How do I pay the visa application fee? You can pay it online or offline by making a bank deposit into an ICA account. The visa application fee is non-refundable.
The UAE is extremely adaptable to the needs and requirements of its citizens. The implementation of Dubai remote work visa policy will simplify life for expatriates living outside the UAE who wish to live here. To learn more about visa and work permit requirements in the UAE, please visit the ICA’s official website.