what is a dependent visa in UAE? A dependent visa in the UAE is a residency permit that enables UAE residents to bring their spouses, kids, and parents into the country. It applies not only to family members but also to domestic workers.
Cause of the exemption from corporate and personnel income tax, the UAE has become one of the most popular places for foreign nationals to work and start businesses.
Whether you make millions of dollars from your business or your job, you are not required to pay a single cent to the government.
In developing to developed countries government collects the income taxes from the business and salary workers.
Citizens in certain nations in the world must pay more than 35% of their income taxes.
In the United Arab Emirates, you may save all of your profits, which is one of the main reasons why individuals from all over the world desire to do business and work in cities like Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Although foreign nationals are permitted to bring their dependents to the UAE, not all are eligible to do so because they must meet specific requirements.
Who can get a dependent visa in UAE?
- The Male: UAE residents doing business or working in the country earn more than AED 4000 per month or AED 3000 plus accommodation.
- Female: residents who earn more than AED 10,000 or 8,000 plus accommodation.
Previously, only particular industry employees and investors could obtain a family visa in the UAE, but it is now available to all employees, regardless of nationality or employment.
If anyone matches the above monthly salary criteria can be the sponsor for the family visa in the UAE.
Who can be the sponsor for the family visa;
- Wife: If you are a Muslim, you can sponsor two wives, but you must meet certain requirements.
- Husband: If your monthly earnings exceed 10,000dhs (without accommodation), you can sponsor your husband for a family visa in the UAE.
- Your children: Both parents can sponsor their children, however, the son must be under the age of 18 and the daughter must be unmarried. Children over the age of 18 can obtain a dependent visa if they attend any university in the UAE.
- Parents: To sponsor your parents, your monthly earnings should be greater than that of the average worker in the UAE. A family visa for your parent is available if your monthly salary is at least AED 20,000 or AED 19,000 with two-bedroom accommodation.
- University students can now sponsor their parents if they achieve a certain GPA. The parent can enter the UAE on a dependent visa and work here after changing their visa status to support their children’s education.
- Stepchildren: You can sponsor your stepchildren with a no-objection written letter from the biological parent, however, the visa will be valid for one year and renewed thereafter.
Documents Required for a UAE family visa
- Filled Visa application form completed at a typing center or information provided online.
- Passport copy of the sponsor and family members
- Passport-size photos of the family members.
- Medical certificate to prove they do not have any communicable diseases
- Copy of the sponsor’s employment contract or company contract
- Salary certificate or other income verification documents.
- Attest marriage certificate.
- Proof of accommodation, such as a tenancy contract
- The latest utility bill
How to Apply for UAE dependent visa?
You should obtain an entry permit to travel to the United Arab Emirates before applying for any type of visa. There are several entry permits, some of which include the following;
- Entry Permit – Employment
- Entry Permit – Family Visit
- Entry Permit – Tourism/Transit
- Entry Permit – Treatment
- Entry Permit – Mission
- Entry Permit – Attending Conferences
There are two ways to apply for and get an entry permit in the UAE.
- If you live in Dubai, go to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – GDRFA website or download the GDRFA “app” on your smartphone to apply for entry permission.
- If you do not live in Dubai or from another emirate, you can apply for an entry permit through the Federal Authority For Identity and Citizenship’s (ICA) e-Chanel portal or their “app.”
- When entering information online, be sure that all of the details are the same as your passport, including your date of birth, passport number, address, and the issue and expiration dates.
2. Application in person;
The second method requires you to submit an application in person by visiting the GDRFA offices in Dubai or the ICP offices in other emirates.
The application form should be typed and processed from the typing center in the United Arab Emirates.
When the application Form is completed, you can submit it to the GDRFA or ICP office, or a typing center employee can do it on your behalf. You must pay them, and they will handle the remaining documentation tasks.
When you receive the entry permit for your family members they can fly to any international Airport in the UAE.
Family visa application;
You should apply for a residency visa for your family member once they arrive in the UAE on the entry permit.
A family visa is a residency visa that can be applied for in person at the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) offices or online.
Whether you applied online or in person, you would receive your Visa within a week of submitting your application.
Family Visa Validity in UAE
The validity of a family visa in the United Arab Emirates ranges from one year to five years, but you should renew it before 30 days of expiration. Since it is a dependent visa in the UAE, its validity relates to sponsored visa.
If the sponsored visa is canceled, the family visa will terminate; in other words, the validity of the dependent visa in the UAE is reliant on the sponsored visa.
Family Visa in Dubai
As Dubai is a part of the United Arab Emirates, it follows federal legislation for residency and citizenship, so the above procedure applies to Dubai residents as well.
If you live in Dubai and want to bring a family member, you must apply for an entry permit and a resident visa through the GDRFA offices or online.
Residents of Dubai can use the Amer typing center services if they are unfamiliar with the application process on the GDRFA website and its official app online.
can the spouse work on a dependent visa in UAE?
Yes, but the sponsor must apply for a work permit through the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization. Having a dependant visa in the UAE is not insufficient to work in the UAE without a work permit.
Obtaining a Dependent visa in the UAE for your family members is not difficult because the procedure is simple and will be approved without delay if you fulfill the salary requirements and properly submit the necessary documents.