The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICP) has recently issued new rules regarding visit visa extensions in the UAE. According to new visit visa UAE rules, individuals who are on a visit visa in the country can renew their visas only once, for a duration of 30 days.
This means that individuals wishing to extend their stay in the UAE can do so for an additional month, but extensions beyond this one-month period will not permit.
The requirements for applying for a visit visa and the types available have not altered. However, please note that the extension period has been limited to 30 days.
How many days of a visit visa you can get in UAE?
Typically, a visit visa in the United Arab Emirates is issued to foreign nationals who wish to visit their family members or friends residing in the UAE on a residency visa.
Additionally, individuals coming to the UAE for specific purposes, such as medical treatment, attending business seminars, or participating in sports events, are also eligible for a visit visa.
Visit visas in the UAE come in two main duration options: 30 days, and 60 days providing flexibility to accommodate various reasons for visiting the country.
The extension of visit visa in the UAE
Previously, the UAE allowed for different durations of visit visa extensions, such as extending a 30-day visa to 60 days, a 60-day visa to 30 days, and a 90-day visa for an additional month but now ICP has discontinued issuing the 90-day visa.
However, the new visit visa rules in the UAE for 2023 have standardized the renewal period to 30 days for all types of visit visas.
For example, if your passport has stamped with a 30-day visit visa, you can extend it for an additional 30 days. The same 30-day extension applies to 60-day visit visas.
The renewal fee for visit visas in the UAE is AED 750. This fee includes the AED 500 issuance fee, AED 100 for the application, AED 100 for smart services, and AED 50 for insurance and authority fees. These rules and fees are applicable as of 2023.
What are the other new provisions?
- There are several new provisions related to visit visas in the United Arab Emirates. These provisions include:1. Proof of Kinship and Justification for the Visit: Both the sponsor of the visit visa and the visitor need to provide proof of kinship and a valid justification for the visit. Previously, UAE residents could sponsor anyone’s visit visa, even if they did not have a familial or close relationship with the visitor. This new requirement ensures that there is a legitimate reason for the visit.
2. Sponsor Location for Visa Extension: To extend a visit visa, the sponsor should be physically present in the UAE and not outside of the country. This requirement ensures that the sponsor can fulfill their responsibilities and obligations during the visitor’s stay in the UAE.
3. Passport Validation: Visitors applying for a visit visa must have a passport with a validation period longer than 6 months. This requirement ensures that the visitor’s passport remains valid for the entire duration of their stay in the UAE.
These new provisions aim to enhance the security and transparency of the visit visa process and promote responsible sponsorship and visitation practices within the UAE. Visitors and sponsors should aware of these provisions and adhere to them when applying for or extending visit visas.
How to extend a UAE visit visa?
We can use the various methods of Extending a visit visa for an additional 30 days in the UAE, including visiting a typing center, using the ICP (Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship) app, or accessing the official website. Here’s a straightforward guide to help you understand the process:
1. Access the ICP Website or App:
Visit the ICP website or use their official smart app, UAEICP.
Look for the “Individual Services” section and locate the option for visa extension.
2. Submit Required Documents:
submit the necessary documents for visa extension. These documents typically include your passport, visa details, and any other required information.
3. Pay the Service Fee:
You can make the payment for the visa extension service fee using various online methods, including credit cards or other online payment services available in the UAE.
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship encourages individuals residing in the UAE to apply for visit visa extensions for their relatives or friends online which offers a user-friendly and streamlined process. This enhances the overall experience of accessing electronic services for customers.